Wednesday, June 21, 2006

While I work on publishing jlyarnworks.com, I thought I would start a blog to update customers and friends on my journey.

Right now I have two storefronts. I started by selling recycled yarn on eBay. EBay is great for some things. Customers there love a bargain. And if you offer them a bargain, they'll come back in droves. Recycled yarn is a great bargain. And for me, the seller, it has a great markup as well as most of the cost is in the labor. Yet customers save a bundle over buying new yarn of the same fibers.

Then I started selling handmade goods on Etsy. This site specializes in handmade goods. Therefore, customers are looking for items that are handmade. They appreciate the value of a handmade item and are thus willing to pay a fair price for these items. There I have been selling beaded stitch markers, felted flowers, and handknit items. Soon, as this blog will detail, I will be selling ready-to-dye yarns, hand-dyed and self-striping yarns, patterns, and so much more!

Stay tuned...

No comments: