- Wake up to -22F temps.
- Dad walks Miss May to school.
- Dad shovels the sidewalk until he can't feel his toes.
- Mom and Dad take Miss Kate to preschool.
- Mom and Dad try to shop for cell phones.
- Cell phone store doesn't open until 10. It's 9:30.
- Mom and Dad decide on a pancake breakfast at Perkins.
- Perkins had a fire and is closed.
- IHOP it is!
- Mom and Dad are seated at IHOP and ask for coffee.
- "We don't have any coffee." Do-wha-huh?
- The coffee machines are frozen. IHOP has no heat. It is 39 degrees in the kitchen.
- Mom and Dad leave, wondering why they wouldn't divulge this BEFORE seating people.
- Mom and Dad try the OTHER Perkins across the street. Voila!
- Mom and Dad enjoy a nice breakfast.
- Mom and Dad go back to the cell phone store and pick out phones and plans.
- Mom and Dad leave before the sale is complete to pick up Miss Kate.
- Mom drops off Dad at home so he can take a quick nap.
- Mom picks up Miss Kate and heads back to finish the cell phone transaction.
- Mom gets a Blackberry! :D Dad gets a phone...it makes phone calls. hehe.
- Mom gets back home. Dad gets a call from a coworker whose car wouldn't start and makes plans to pick him up and take him to work.
- This call is interrupted by a call from ANOTHER friend whose car won't start and hoped she only needed a jump start.
- Dad leaves. Mom and Miss Kate leave.
- Mom can't get her hood to pop open. Yep. Mom is worthless as a superhero. Can't save the day. (I'm guessing it was either frozen shut or that being hit by another vehicle in the front in a parking lot before Christmas is keeping the hood from opening properly. I'm surely not just inept, right?)
- Mom takes friend to work and promises to come back after the shift.
- Mom and Miss Kate shop until it's time for school to let out.
- Mom realizes Miss Kate hasn't had lunch and let's her pick her fast food location of choice. "Taco Bell. It sounds like Jingle Bells! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all..."
- Mom and Miss Kate pick up Miss May.
- Home 10 minutes before Miss Kate begins to scream "OW! OW! OW!"
- Mom looks over to see an entire tin of pepper poured out over child and floor. Miss Kate's hands are rubbing her eyes as she screams.
- A scream-filled bath followed by pepper clean-up of the carpet.
- Mom, Miss May, and Miss Kate head out to pick up friend from work.
- Mom has to stop to get supplies for Miss May's Friday Alphabet Parade and Alphabet Feast.
Now we're home. Eating dinner. The Taco Bell no one had a chance to eat in its entirety earlier because there was pepper all over the place. Mom now needs to create a robot costume and send "R" snacks to school in the morning. Raisins. Easy enough. I think I have the robot costume figured out too. But....
Even though nothing went horribly wrong today, nothing really went smoothly either. I'm waiting for a aluminum foil emergency later on. ;)
And really...all I want to do after a day like today is... KNIT!!
Maybe I'll just pull out a sock for an inch or so...