Friday, June 13, 2008

Pictures!

Since my last two posts have been completely devoid of pictures, I owe you something, right?

As you might recall, we moved into our new house about 3 months ago, but moved VERY last minute because we found mold. I didn't purge or organize or do anything in preparation for the move. I just had some friends over to dump things into boxes and we moved it all here. I'm still working on unpacking! But thankfully, our new house is in the PERFECT location for a yard sale, so here we are. It was a very WINDY 68 degrees out and as you can see, our yard is quite shaded. Good for the summer electric bill, bad for getting sun to warm us up.

This was my view from my chair, where I spent about 50% of the day chatting with my friends or knitting. Four of us donated items to the sale.




The view from the street. A lot of the larger items went first, so that was great! Though our selection was looking a bit sad by the end of the day.



So what was I knitting? I was hoping you'd ask! This one is actually for ME! And I'm using a pattern with ZERO adaptations. I think this is a record for me. Take a moment to enjoy the uniqueness of what you're about to see. hehe.


Pattern: Earth-Toned Wrap
Designer: C. Lee Goss
From: Knitter's Magazine 61, Winter 2000
Yarn: Malabrigo Silky Merino
Fiber Content: 50% Silk, 50% Baby Merino Wool
Yardage: approx 150 yards per 50g skein (DK weight)--I have 4 skeins and am hoping that's enough.
Colorway: 416 Indiecita
Needles: US10
This is a really simple pattern. The only hard part is keeping upw ith the 16 rows of the pattern, though most are knit or purl rows with only 2 true pattern rows in that 16 row repeat. This is the perfect pattern for doing while watching tv or hanging out at a yard sale. Like I said, it's rare for me to follow a pattern without feeling the need to make a bunch of changes. I think that says a lot for this particular pattern and designer.
I should also probably mention that Knitter's Magazine is probably my favorite knitting magazine on the market. They have lots of great patterns, enriching and informative articles, and the format of the magazine is clear and concise. You don't have to go online to get any of their patterns, or turn to page 312 for the last 3 lines of a pattern. And this magazine is local, making it the only really cool knitting thing we have going on for miles.

No comments: