Sunday, March 18, 2007

No More Procrastinating

After finally finishing my lace sample and catching up a bit on Etsy work, I finally cast on the second "Springtime in Paris" sock. I'm quite pleased with how quickly this one is progressing. Below shows 3 days work on the second sock. The first sock took me about 3 weeks. The second sock needs to be done by the end of the month to play along with the other kids in the knitalong, so I'm glad it's progressing this well.


Meanwhile, I can't keep my hands off my lace/scarf project. Mr. Yarnworks named it the Phoenix scarf. I will explain the name, the story behind it, and post a pattern when it's done. The yarn is some of my superwash/nylon fingering weight sock yarn. I dyed it just for this project. I dyed 2 skeins just in case, but I'm pretty sure the Phoenix scarf will only take one skein. The second skein will be available on Etsy if I don't need it.

I'm loving the edge of this scarf. It's a new technique for me. The border is made up of 6 rows of seed stitch. However, the first stitch of every row is slipped as if to purl and the last stitch of ever row is knit, regardless of the pattern. That creates this pretty pretty edge of little knit Vs.

In other news, J.L. Yarnworks got a favorable little review in the Lime & Violet podcast last week! We're famous! They also talked about several other Etsy.com stores, so check it out. The segment is a little over an hour into the podcast if you only want to listen to their Etsy recommendations. It's good stuff. They definitely found some of my favorite Etsians!
A big thanks to Kaitie Tee for letting me know about the podcast!


No comments: